Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Welcome Back

It's been so long since I've written anything, that's insane! Nearly two years to the date of when I wrote my first post ever. So I guess it's appropriate to have this first post be a second welcome, welcome. If you read my previous posts you will see the general outline of my blog. It's just a place where I share my random long thoughts on things and occasionally share my poetry. This will not be a blog full of photos or random postings, that's what Instagram (follow me at Jnh4) and tumbler are for. When I watched Beyonce's amazing documentary, Life Is But A Dream, she made a very profound statement. Saying that when artist like the soulful Nina Simone would put out music you would just focus on the song and the lyric not so much on her personal life. She displayed her art and talent and while I'm sure she had other things in her life going on when you listened to her song or read her lyrics she lured you in with her voice, you could relate to her without ever meeting her because her emotion connected with you, her words were your feelings applied to your situations without her ever knowing it. She was in a sense your homegirl without knowing you and her songs were your free space. Kind of like how Beyonce, Mary J. And India Arie are to us now. This blog is my free space to share my thoughts through writing and song, two things I absolutely love. I will try my best to post weekly on whatever I feel and display the song that best fits the post. I'm a neo soul junkie so most songs will come from that genre. My life has changed so much since my last post. I now have a grown up job, have fallen in love, have my own place, gained and lost "friends"  and just have grown and experienced more of what life truly is. So I welcome you all into my free space and look forward to sharing my thoughts with you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment