Tuesday, March 12, 2013

5 Letters But A Hard Thing

Lets talk about trust. A simple 5 letter word that has so much meaning. I personally live the FLL lifestyle (Faith, Love and Loyalty).  I have faith that everything will work out as it should because of my faith in God. The good bad and ugly it all works together. I'm a lover...those who know me know that I love HARD!  When you're in my circle you're in, I'm the type of person who definitely goes harder for my loved ones than I do for myself. Even when I'm mad at people they know my love is unconditional. Loyalty is the thing I hold to the highest degree. If I love you and consider you a friend I expect nothing less than loyalty. Loyalty meaning that no we may not always agree but you have my back and best interest and I have yours. You may not feel my exact pain but you're understanding of it. The common denominator in all of these things is trust. I trust God which deepens my faith, I love others because I have learned to trust them and I am loyal because  I trust them to have my best interest. Some people are the type to trust people with everything, while others trust certain people with everything. I however have no one particular person that I trust with everything. I trust my family for certain things, my friends for others. I go to my godmother for some things and my friends for other things. I trust them with different aspects of my life. When it comes to people the only thing I feel you can trust them for is to do exactly what they are going to do. You can trust that a fake person will lie to you face, you can trust that your best friend will tell you the truth even when it hurts.  I am trying to learn to not be so guarded and learn to be more forgiving of others. I have been hurt but we all have. I realized today that I don't want to shut out great people because of others mistakes in the past. I don't want to miss out on opportunities and the things God has in store for me because of this wall I have built up due to a lack of trust. I'm a work in progress. I have enough faith to fully give God all my trust. I trust him to break down this barrier I have so that I can move forward. God loves me knowing all of my secrets,knowing all my flaws and knowing all the progress I still have to make.  I use writing as my therapy and today I wrote a poem about my lack of trust (which will follow this post). But I am loving the ride that God is taking me on, breaking me down, building me back up and I'm even more thankful for those who have stuck with me along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment